The Institute of International Studies (IIS) Undergraduate Merit Scholarship supports undergraduate research in any area of international studies.
The Institute of International Studies (IIS) at University Of California Berkeley invites applications from individuals who are interested in pursuing a degree program at the Institution.
Eligible Fields of Study:Â International Studies and other related fields
Merit scholarships will be up to $2000 each with the chance to win an additional $1000 for Best Research Summary.
Country To Be Taken:Â USA
Award Provider:Â The Institute of International Studies (IIS)
Eligibility Criteria:Â To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must;
- be International students
- have applied or applying to UC Berkeley
- have good academic records from previous educational programs
Method of Application:Â Click here to begin application process
Interested applicants must submit a one-page research proposal that addresses:
- The research question;
- Why it is important to the field of study;
- Qualification to conduct the research (i.e. related past or planned coursework, languages, etc.);
- A preliminary research plan (including the format for research, i.e. during EAP, as an independent study, etc.).
In addition, applicationsÂ mustÂ include anÂ unofficial transcriptÂ andÂ one letter of recommendation, which can come from a GSI or faculty member. Â Please ask your recommender to e-mail the recommendation letter directly toÂ email@example.com.
VisitÂ The Official WebsiteÂ For More Information
Application Deadline:Â Monday, 13th November, 2017.