The Edith Cowan University is an Australian public university located in Perth, Western Australia. It was named after the first woman to be elected to an Australian Parliament, Edith Cowan, and is the only Australian university named after a woman.
The Edith Cowan University is pleased to offer International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship to students who can demonstrate high levels of academic achievement in their previous studies.Â The scholarship offers a 20% reduction in your tuition fees for the duration of your course at ECU.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate programe.
Study Subject:Â Scholarships are awarded in any of the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award:Â Scholarship recipients will receive financial assistance amounting to up to 20% of tuition fees for the duration of an ECU bachelor degree.
Scholarship can be taken inÂ Australia
Eligibility Criteria:Â To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of one of the countries identified above;
- Meet a high level of academic achievement in the previous studies (as determined by ECU);
- Be commencing study at ECU inÂ semester 1, 2018 or semester 2, 2018;
- Meet ECUâ€™s academic direct entry requirements for the course of your choice;
- Not be in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship;
- Be an International student, not an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen;
- Intend to study an undergraduate degree; and
- Be studying at ECU Joondalup, ECU Mount Lawley, or ECU South West (Bunbury).
Nationality:Â Â High-achieving students that are citizens of Argentina, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brazil, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, France, Germany, Ghana, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Malawi, Malaysia, Mauritius, Myanmar, Nepal Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Reunion, Russia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, South Africa, South Korea, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, UAE, UK, USA, Vietnam, Zambia, and Zimbabwe are eligible for the International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Students must meet a high level of academic achievement in the previous studies (as determined by ECU).
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Method of Application:Â Students are invited to apply through any one ofÂ ECUâ€™s Authorized Education Agents.
Students can also apply online on theÂ ECU Online Application Portal.
All qualifying applications to ECU are automatically assessed for the International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship. No separate scholarship application is required.
The ECU Admissions Office will assess each application accordingly and issue a supplementary letter, along with a Letter of Offer, to confirm whether the applicant has been successful.
To accept the scholarship, the recipient must:
- Meet any conditions listed in their Letter of Offer;
- Have met entry requirements relevant to their chosen course of study;
- Accept their Letter of Offer as per the instructions provided;
- Pay the indicative deposit and OSHC indicated in their Letter of Offer; and
- Be aware of the dates and deadlines by which the above need to have been completed.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â July 30, 2018.