The American University in Cairo is an independent, English language, Research University located in Cairo, Egypt. The university offers American-style learning programs at the undergraduate, graduate and professional levels, along with a continuing education program.
The American University in Cairo is now accepting applications for Kamal Adham Fellowship to pursue full-time study (nine credits per semester) toward a 1.5-year masterâ€™s degree in television and digital journalism at AUC. The fellowship is open to students of all nationalities.
Course Level:Â Fellowships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
Available Subject:Â Fellowships are awarded in television and digital journalism at AUC.
Scholarship Benefits:Â The fellowship covers:
- Full or partial tuition coverage for the MA program
- May cover prerequisite courses and one semester of intensive English language courses as needed
- Book allowance per semester
- Student services and activities fees (bus fees)
- In support of their professional training, fellows are assigned up to 20 hours per week of related academic or technical work
Eligibility Criteria:Â The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Open to all nationalities
- Graduates with a bachelorâ€™s degree from an accredited university
- Preference is given to graduates of Egyptian public universities and professionals in the broadcasting industry
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0 or a rating ofÂ gayed giddan. Applicants with slightly lower GPA must have sufficient relevant work experience
- Meet AUCÂ graduate admissions requirements, including submission of AUC graduate application and needed documents
- Submit an International TOEFL iBT exam score or academic IELTS exam score as per theÂ cut-off scores for AUC graduate admissions
- Proven interest and achievement in television and digital journalism
- An interview with the program director is required to assess candidatesâ€™ commitment, potential and communication skills
- To retain the fellowship, the recipient must carry a full course load (nine graduate credits) and maintain a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Financial need
Eligible Nationalities:Â The fellowship is open to students of all nationalities.
Method of Application:Â Students must follow the steps to apply:
Step 1:Â CheckÂ how to applyÂ and submit theÂ online application
Step 2:Â Complete and submit theÂ Online Fellowship ApplicationÂ
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â April 15Â for the fall semester andÂ November 1Â for the spring semester.