The University of Glasgow is the fourth-oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotlandâ€™s four ancient universities.
The University of Glasgow is now accepting applications for College of Arts Scholarship Competition for the year 2018. Home/UK/EU and international applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Available Subject:Â Scholarships are awarded to the College of Art.
College awards may be applied for in all Schools/Subject Areas:
- In the School of Culture & Creative Arts (SCCA): Cultural Policy, History of Art, Music, Theatre, Film & Television Studies
- In the School of Critical Studies (SCS): Creative Writing, English and Scottish Language & Literature, Theology & Religious Studies
- In the School of Humanities (SOH): Archaeology, Celtic & Gaelic, Classics, History, Humanities Advanced Technology & Information Institute, Philosophy
- In the School of Modern Languages & Cultures (SMLC): Comparative Literature, Czech, French, German, Hispanic Studies, Italian, Polish, Russian, Slavonic Studies and Translation Studies.
Scholarship Benefits:Â In session 2018-19 there will be a number of Scholarships offering an annual stipend plus tuition fees at the Home/EU rate, with the exception that any awards to international applicants are likely to be limited to the international fee only.
Number of Scholarships:Â Number of scholarships are available.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Home/UK/EU and international applicants. In the case of international applicants, any award may be limited to tuition fees only.
- Only new PhD students may apply (i.e. those commencing PhD study in October 2018).
- Both full-time and part-time applicants may apply.
- In order to be nominated for a Scholarship, applicants must hold an unconditional or conditional offer of a place on a College of Arts PhD degree programme. Scholarship applicants do not need to hold the admissions offer prior to the Scholarship application deadline of Friday, 15 December 2017. These will be issued by the Admissions team during January 2018.
- Scholarships are not available to students at the â€œwriting upâ€ or â€œthesis pendingâ€ stage.
- Applicants must not be holding another full Scholarship for the 2018-19 academic sessions. Applicants holding a partial scholarship (e.g. fees only or stipend only) may still be considered.
Eligible Nationalities:Â Home/UK/EU and international applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Method of Application:Â Applicants should note:
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. It is imperative, therefore, that all attachments are submitted with the application. Where referees wish to send references themselves, these must be received by the deadline.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Research proposals should adhere to prescribed word limits.
- Applicants making multiple admissions applications and who wish to be considered for a Scholarship in more than one discipline must submit a separate Scholarship application to each discipline.
- All electronic documents must be submitted using a standard naming convention as outlined at the end of this document.
- 2 academic references. Continuing PhD students should obtain up-to-date references from their supervisor(s).
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â December 15, 2017.