Vanderbilt University, located in Nashville, Tenn., is a private research university offering a full-range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. It was named in honor of shipping and rail magnate Cornelius Vanderbilt, who provided the school with its initial $1 million endowments despite having never been to the South.
Applicants whose first language or language of instruction is not English are required to submit official scores of one of the following English language proficiency tests: TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE Academic.
Vanderbilt University is seeking applicants to apply for its Academic Pathways Postdoctoral Fellowships for International students in the USA. The program focuses onÂ preparing postdoctoral scholars with diverseÂ backgrounds and experiences and includes leadership training, grant and manuscript writing and preparation and a multi-level mentoring framework, as well as substantial â€œprotected timeâ€ for the pursuit of each fellowâ€™s academic andÂ scholarly objectives.
Course Level:Â Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
Available Subject:Â The Academic Pathways programÂ is open to all programs of study within the College of Arts & Science, Owen Graduate School of Management, Peabody College of Education and Human Development, School of Divinity, School of Engineering, School of Law, and School of Medicine.
Scholarship Benefits:Â Academic Pathways Fellows will receive an annual stipend of $60,000 for two to three years (depending on academic discipline) along with benefits, travel funding, and a research allowance.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- This application is open to individuals with a doctorate degree (Ph.D., Ed.D., etc.) and/or a law degree (J.D.) who have received their degree within the last 3 years. Academic Pathways welcomes proposals from all eligible individuals; no person shall be excluded from participation on grounds of race, color, age, sex, national origin or disability. External applicants (i.e., non-Vanderbilt) will be given priority consideration.
- Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to research and career goals that are consistent with the following schoolâ€™s research foci and faculty expertise and must have strong professional aspirations for faculty positions within the academy. TheÂ followingÂ Vanderbilt colleges and schools areÂ participants in the program:
- College of Arts & Science
- Owen Graduate School of Management
- Peabody College of Education and Human Development
- School of Engineering
- School of Law
- School of Medicine
- International applicants must hold an advanced degree that is equivalent to the degrees outlined above from an institution in the United States. All applicants who are offered a fellowship must provide proof of degree completion before the start of the fellowship.
Eligible Nationalities:Â International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Method of Application:
Required Application Components:
Each of the following components is required in order to be considered a complete application.
- Online Application Form
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Dissertation Summary and Other Recent Scholarly Endeavors
- Personal Statement
- Writing Sample (humanities applicants only)
- Letters of Recommendation
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â November 1, 2017.