Postgraduate Bursaries at University of Pretoria in South Africa, 2018
The University of Pretoria is a multi-campus public research university in Pretoria, the administrative and de facto capital of South Africa.
The University of Pretoria is offering postgraduate bursaries in South Africa. Scholarships are available to students who register for honours, masters or doctoral degree programmes.
Degree Level:Â Bursary is available for pursuing masters or doctoral degree programmes.
Available Subject:Â Bursary is awarded within the Faculty of Law, Faculty of Humanities, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Engineering, Built Environment and IT, Faculty of Health Science, Faculty of Veterinary Science, Faculty of Economic and Management Science, Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences and Faculty of Theology.
Scholarship Benefits:Â The values of these bursaries in 2017 will be as follows:
- Doctoral: R14 000
- Research Masters: R13 000
- Masters by coursework: R7 700
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Students who register for Honours, Masters or Doctoral degree programmes at the University of Pretoria (hereinafter â€œUPâ€) are considered for these bursaries.
- Students registering for special study programmes including diplomas, certificates and non-degree purpose studies, are not eligible for these bursaries.
- Students enrolling for an undergraduate bachelorâ€™s degree (irrespective of the study period) do NOT qualify for an honours bursary in their final bachelor year.
- Students who already hold a postgraduate degree at the same level or higher level will not be awarded these bursaries.
- Doctoral students holding a UP Doctoral Research Support Bursary will not qualify for a UP Postgraduate Bursary.
- Students who qualify for UP Personnel Waivers will not qualify for a UP Postgraduate Bursary.
- Bursary funds for successful applicants will be disbursed to a studentâ€™s account during the first semester.
- Students who are provisionally awarded the bursary and who do not have outstanding debt on their UP student account, will have their financial registration block lifted in order to register for the new academic year without having to pay the initial registration fee.
Eligible Nationalities:Â Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
Method of Application:
In order to be considered for the 2018 awards, ensure that you have been admitted or register at UP by late February 2018.Â The nomination processes will commence for Master coursework, Master Research and Doctoral awards as from March 2018 onwards.Â Only nominated awardees will be communicated from March 2018 onwards through to May of their provisional award for 2018.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â February 28, 2018.