The Dickson Poon Undergraduate Law Scholarship Programme offers prestigious and generous scholarships to outstanding new Law students at The Dickson Poon School of Law, Kingâ€™s College London.Â Â The level of competition for the scholarships is high and Dickson Poon Scholars are expected to play an active role in the School community during their studies and in the global community after graduation.
There areÂ twoÂ application rounds,Â andÂ applicants may only apply to one round.
Eligible Countries:Â UK, EU and international
To Be Taken At (Country):Â UK
Course Level:Â Undergraduate
- The Dickson Poon Scholarship programme is open to all applicants who apply via UCAS for a place on an undergraduate Law programme at Kingâ€™s commencing in September 2018 (2018 entry).
- The programme is also open to applicants who apply via UCAS for deferred entry to an undergraduate Law programme at Kingâ€™s commencing in September 2019 (deferred entry in 2018).
Number of Awards:Â Up to 30
Value of Award:Â Scholars will receive financial support of Â£5,000 per year for the duration of the degree programme to which they are admitted. Scholars will also receive complimentary Kingâ€™s accommodation during the first year of their LLB programme.
Â Method of Application:Â
- The scholarship application form can beÂ downloaded at the bottom of this pageÂ and includes full instructions on how to apply. Please also carefully read the guidance notes, which can also be downloaded below.
- The Scholarships will be awarded by a Selection Panel appointed by the Dean of The Dickson Poon School of Law. The Selection Panel will assess and select successful applicants on the basis of outstanding merit. The Panel will not take into account an applicantâ€™s financial circumstances.
Award Provider:Â The scholarships are made possible by the generous support of Sir Dickson Poon.
- Applications received before the October deadline will be considered in the first round. Applications received at any time after the October deadline but before the March deadline will be considered in the second round. Applications received after the March deadline will not be considered.
- You will be informed of the outcome of your application by Friday 1 December 2017 (for first round applications) or by Tuesday 10 April 2018 (for second round applicants), including whether you have been shortlisted for an interview, and in any case by no later than Friday 8 December 2017 (for first round applications) or Tuesday 17 April 2018 (for second round applications).
Scholarship Application Deadlines:Â
- 12 noon (GMT) Tuesday 31st October 2017,
- 12 noon (GMT) Thursday 1st March 2018.