TheÂ University of TokyoÂ abbreviated asÂ Todai orÂ UTokyo, is aÂ publicÂ research university located inÂ Bunkyo,Â Tokyo, often cited as the most prestigious university inÂ Japan. Academic Ranking of World UniversitiesÂ ranked the University of Tokyo 1st in Asia and 20th in the world in 2012.
Applications are invited for Graduate School of Science Scholarship for International Students at the University of TokyoÂ in Japan. Scholarships are available to pursue master degree programme.
The purpose of this scholarship is twofold: to financially support Self-financed Overseas Students whose academic performance is outstanding and to increase the number of students from abroad.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
Available Subject:Â Scholarships are awarded to the graduate school of science.
Scholarship Benefits:Â Scholarship of 150,000 yen per month will be awarded.
Number of Scholarships:Â A few (Enrolling in April or September).
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
All self-financed overseas students with outstanding performance who pass the entrance examination for the Masterâ€™s Program at the Graduate School of Science to enroll in April or September 2018. Priority goes to UTRIP (University of Tokyo Research Internship Program) participants. Applicants who are already in Japan are not eligible to apply. As a rule, anyone receiving or expecting to receive any other scholarship awards are excluded.
- As a rule applicants of scholarships from private foundations (including provisional applicants) are not eligible.
- Applicants for the JASSOâ€™s Honors Scholarship for Privately Financed International Students will not be excluded. However, if accepted for this scholarship, it is expected that the Honors Scholarship from JASSO will be declined.
- Applicants for the University of Tokyo Foundation for Supporting International Students (including provisional applicants) will not be excluded. However, if accepted for this scholarship, it is expected that the scholarship from the University of Tokyo Foundation will be declined.
Eligible Nationalities:Â International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Method of Application:
Applicants should submit the application documents (Section 8) to the International Liaison Office at the Graduate School of Science by post at the time of their Graduate School application for admission into the Masterâ€™s Program.
- Graduate School of Science Scholarship for International Students 2018 Application Form????????1 original copy
- One letter of recommendation for the Graduate School of Science Scholarship application from a faculty member of your college or university ???????1 original copy
Scholarship Application Deadline:
October 1 â€“ 31, 2017â€”For those entering in April
April 1 â€“ May 1, 2018â€”For those entering in September *
The application must arrive no later than the last day of each application period without fail.