Established in 1927, the University of Houston empowers students in their pursuit of learning, discovery, leadership, and engagement. Located in a sprawling metropolis, our premier Tier One campus provides students with cutting-edge programs including undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, distance and continuing education. Ranked among the best colleges in America, UH is home to award-winning faculty, innovative research centers, has one of the most diverse student populations in the nation, and alumni who have become international leaders.
The College of TechnologyÂ at the University of Houston is inviting applications for Tier One Scholarship to pursue the undergraduate program. The Tier One Scholars Program recruits and engages high-caliber incoming freshman who can pursue academic excellence without financial limitations.
If you have a 1400 SAT or 30 ACT composite score, and rank in the top 10% of your class, your chances of qualifying for this scholarship are improved.
Degree Level:Â Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate programme.
Available Subject:Â Scholarships are awarded to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
Scholarship Benefits:Â As a Tier One Scholar, you will receive funding for four years1Â of tuition and mandatory fees and the first two years of room and board. Plus, you will be eligible to receive a study abroad stipend and a mentored research stipend, should you choose those options. Your complete scholarship package is worth a total value of approximately $65,0002Â in addition to the invaluable benefits of mentorship, advising, and camaraderie that comes with being a part of the Tier One Scholars community!
- All incoming freshman are invited to apply.
- If you have a 1400 SAT or 30 ACT composite score, and rank in the top 10% of your class, your chances of qualifying for this scholarship are improved.
- The Tier One Scholarship is the University of Houstonâ€™s most prestigious academic scholarship program. Incoming freshman students who have demonstrated exceptional academic achievement, leadership, and community engagement are encouraged to apply. Transfer students and continuingÂ UHstudents are not eligible to apply for the Tier One Scholarship.
Eligible Nationalities:Â International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
Method of Application:
In order to be considered for the Tier One Scholarship, the following elements must be complete and received by 5:00 pm (CT) onÂ November 15, 2017:
- Your application for admission to the University.
- Your Tier One Scholarship application.
- A letter of recommendation sent directly by the recommender toÂ tieronescholar-at-uh.edu. Your letter should be from an individual who knows you well (high school teacher, school administrator, club advisor, etc.).
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â November 15, 2017.