The Center for Development Research (ZEF) is an institute of theÂ University of Bonn, Germany. It started its research activities in 1997. ZEFâ€™s researchers aim to find science-based solutions to development-related issues.
The Center for Development Research (ZEF) â€“ University of Bonn offers Postdoctoral fellowship limited to 4 years, 100 percent of a full-time employment in Germany. International applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
The main goal is to connect Biodiversity and Ecosystem Service (BES) experts from West African universities, research institutions, and existing science?policy interfaces via annual workshops and a Master of Science program in Ivory Coast.
ZEFâ€™s Postdoctoral program is conducted inÂ English.Â University, therefore, requires the following English language skills: IELTS (band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, 80 internet-based). Students can attend a two-month German language course prior to the study program.
Course Level:Â Fellowship is available to pursue postdoctoral programme.
Available Subject:Â WABES project
Scholarship Benefits:Â Limited to 4 years, 100 percent of a full?time employment. Salary: Entgeltgruppe 13 TVL, dependent on personal qualifications.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Doctoral degree in natural or social sciences with reference to environmental sciences
- Background knowledge in regard to the implementation of the IPBES work plan
- Ideally, previous experience in the science-policy interface, such as experience with policy processes, platforms or initiatives, or with policy/knowledge synthesis
- Interest in capacity building activities and science management
- Eagerness to engage in an inter-and transdisciplinary development research context
- Willingness to travel abroad
- Fluent in English, knowledge of French and/or German is a strong asset
Eligible Nationalities:Â International applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
Method of Application:
The position can start as soon as possible, the deadline for applications is October 31st, 2017 or until the position is filled. Please send your application including a cover letter describing your motivation, research interests & relevant experience, a complete curriculum vitae including list of publications, grants and honors, the contact information of 2 former professor(s)/supervisor(s) who are willing to serve as referees, copies of Masterâ€™s, Bachelorâ€™s (or equivalent) and Doctoral degree certificates. Please email your application files within one single pdf file (max. 5 MB) to Dr Jan Henning Sommer hs-at-uni?bonn.de. Please also contact him in case you have any further questions.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â October 31, 2017, or until the position is filled.