Deakin University is an Australian public university with approximately 50,644 higher education students in 2014. Deakin Universityâ€™s aim is to examine the impact of the division between further and higher education on strategies to widen participation in education.
Applicants must demonstrate they meet the English language requirements, to the level required for the band specified for the course.
Applications are invited for a PhD scholarship which is available at Deakinâ€™sÂ InstituteÂ for Frontier Materials. The PhD student will initiate and conduct research on the topic â€˜Surface treatments for drag reductionâ€™ led byÂ Dr Alessandra Sutti.
The project involves aspects of fluid-dynamics modelling, surface characterisation, surface and textile chemistry, hydrodynamic drag method development and measurements.
Degree Level:Â Scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Available Subject:Â Research Topic: This project will focus on addressing fundamental questions on the effect of surface structure and treatment chemistry on hydrodynamic drag with a particular focus on textiles.
The project is part of the broader Research Programme with an Industry partner. It is expected that the PhD candidate will work together with the academic and Industry supervisors to generate new knowledge on surface drag mechanisms on surfaces and to produce results directly relevant to new treatment development work.
Scholarship Benefits:Â Award value:
- A stipend of $26,682 per annum tax exempt (2017 rate)
- A relocation allowance from $500 to $1,500 (2017) awarded to students who are moving from interstate or overseas in order to study at Deakin
- 60 working days paid sick leave
- 60 working days paid parental leave
- Tuition fee and overseas health coverage for international students for the duration of 4 years.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- This scholarship is open to domestic and international candidates.
- Applicants must meet Deakinâ€™s PhD entry requirements, be enrolling full time and hold an Honours degree (First Class) or an equivalent standard Masterâ€™s degree with a substantial research component. Please refer to theÂ entry pathways to higher degrees by research for further information. Applicants must also have experience in surface chemistry, textile chemistry and processes, surface profilometry, fluid-dynamics modelling.
Eligible Nationalities:Â Domestic and International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Method of Application:
Please apply using the expression of interest form.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â September 30, 2017.
For more info, visitÂ Scholarship Link