As part of the Scholars Program, Wellesley will provide nine (9) African women with comprehensive support that includes scholarships, mentoring, counseling, and internship opportunities. Scholars at Wellesley will build experiences, values, and competencies that are critical to success in the global economy, and that enable them to give back to their communities and home countries. The students will arrive in groups of three students each year.
Wellesley College USA partners with the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program to educate African women.
Offered annually?Â Yes
Course Level:Â Undergraduate taught
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars selected for the Program are:
- Academically talented: They value learning, and are driven to complete their education.
- Economically disadvantaged: They face significant barriers to accessing education.
- Committed to giving back: They apply what they learn to improve their communities.
- Future leaders: They are committed to embracing ethical leadership to improve the lives of others.
Number of Scholarships:Â Nine
Value of Scholarship:
- Comprehensive scholarships: Support for tuition, fees, books and supplies, room and meal plan, and more.
- 21st-century skills: Training in skill areas relevant to employment success.
- Transition assistance:Â Mentoring, career counseling, leadership development, and other life-skills coaching
- Internships and career opportunities: Access to job opportunities across the African continent
- Give-back support: Experiential learning and opportunities for volunteerism and community service
Duration of Scholarship:Â Four years
Eligible Countries:Â African countries
To be taken at (country):Â Wellesley College USA
Method of Application:Â
All applicants to Wellesley, who apply for financial aid and meet the criteria for TheÂ MasterCard Foundation ScholarshipÂ Program, will be considered for the Scholarship.Â You do not need to complete additional forms or take additional steps at this time.
Finalist candidates for the Scholarship will be contacted by the Admission Office (after they submit their applications to Wellesley) and asked to conduct a Skype interview.
VisitÂ scholarship webpageÂ for details
Sponsors:Â MasterCard Foundation,Â Wellesley College
Important Notes:Â Even if you are not awarded this scholarship, Wellesley is committed to meeting 100% of demonstrated need for all admitted international citizens who have applied for financial aid during the admission process.Â Its purpose is to support highly qualified candidates who could not otherwise attend Wellesley.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 1stÂ November 2017 (early decision I), 1st January 2018 (earlyÂ decision II),Â 15th DecemberÂ 2017 (Regular Decision)