The International Students Academic Merit Scholarship is open to new international students seeking a graduate or undergraduate degree. The scholarship covers 50 percent of the total of in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees only. No additional fees or costs are covered.
East Tennessee State University USA offers Undergraduate and graduate Merit Scholarships for international students to study for 2018/2019.
Course Level:Â Undergraduate & Masters
Offered annually?Â Yes
Eligible Countries:Â International
To be taken at:Â East Tennessee State University, USA
The award is available for:
- Eight semesters for undergraduate recipients
- Five semesters for recipients seeking a masterâ€™sÂ degree, or commensurate with the length of the program.
- Eight semesters for doctoral students, or commensurate with the length of the program.
- Scholarship can be applied to summer semesters.
- Recipients must maintain full-time status.
- Undergraduate recipients must maintain a 2.75 grade point average in order to continue receiving the scholarship. Graduate recipients must maintain a 3.0 GPA.
- The scholarship only applies to in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees. Recipients will be required to pay other fees such as program fees, course fees, housing costs, and medical insurance costs.
- Recipients continuing from a bachelorâ€™s to a masterâ€™s degree program must reapply for the scholarship.
- Be admitted to ETSU as full-time, degree-seeking students. Scholarship applicants must apply for admission to ETSU before their scholarship applications can be reviewed.
- Have or plan to have an F-1 or J-1 student visa
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement
- Fill out the scholarship application form.
- Students are encouraged to apply as soon as they are admitted to ETSU.
Number of scholarships:Â Not specified
What are the benefits?Â The scholarship covers 50 percent of the total of in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees only.
Method of Application:Â
Students are encouraged to submit scholarship applications as soon as they are admitted to ETSU. An application cannot be reviewed until the applicant is admitted to the university. Applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed.
Visit theÂ Scholarship WebpageÂ for Details
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 15thÂ October,Â 2017
Award Sponsors:Â East Tennessee State University
Important Notes:Â Students who are NOT eligible:
- Students continuing from an ETSU bachelorâ€™s degree program to a second ETSU bachelorâ€™s degree program
- Graduate students receiving a graduate assistantship or tuition scholarship
- Students receiving any other ETSU tuition scholarship
- Students applying for the M.D. and Pharm. D. programs