TheÂ University of LondonÂ is aÂ collegiateÂ research universityÂ located inÂ London,Â England, consisting of 18 constituent colleges, nineÂ research institutesÂ and a number of central bodies. The university is theÂ largest university by a number of full-time studentsÂ in the United Kingdom, with 161,270 campus-based students and over 50,000Â distance learningÂ students in theÂ University of London International Programmes.
The University of LondonÂ is accepting applications for DCMS Scholarships for MSc Information Security for part-time distance learning students, funded by DCMS. UK or EU citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
The aim of the scholarship is to provide financial help to part-time distance learning students.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available to pursue MSc programme.
Study Subject:Â Scholarships are awarded in Information Security for part-time distance learning students, funded by DCMS.
Scholarship Award:Â These scholarships cover the full tuition fees of Â£15,725 (though not the cost of sitting or resitting exams).
Number of Scholarships:Â Two scholarships are available for UK residents to study the GCHQ-certified MSc in Information Security by distance learning.
Scholarship can be taken inÂ the UK
To be eligible for an award, you must begin the Masterâ€™s program in the 2017/18 academic year.
You must also meet the following criteria:
- You are aÂ UK or EU citizen who is normally resident in the UK other than for the sole purpose of education.
- You are not undertaking any other forms of formal education.
- You are not applying straight from an undergraduate degree.
- You have not previously held employment as a cyber security professional (or where cyber security was less than 50% of a previous job role).
- You must not have unspent convictions relating to cyber security or fraud-related offenses.
Preference will be given to applicants meeting the following additional preferred criteria:
- Persons looking to retrain into the cyber security profession: for example, parents returning to work following maternity/paternity leave, those currently unemployed, and mid-career transitioners.
- General IT practitioners who are looking to specialize in cyber security.
- Demographics currently underrepresented in the cyber security profession. (There is evidence of under-representation of women in the profession. These bursaries are designed to encourage a broader demographic to participate.
Nationality:Â UK or EU citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
Method of Application:
Apply for the distance-learningÂ MSc in Information SecurityÂ through the University of London admission system
Apply for the scholarship using a separate form [Word: 2pg, 28KB].
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â September 01, 2017.
For more info, visitÂ Scholarship Link