Massey University is a university located in Palmerston North, New Zealand, Albany, New Zealand, and Wellington, New Zealand. Massey University has approximately 35,000 students, 17,000 of whom are extramural or distance-learning students.
The Massey University is now accepting applications for Creative Arts International Excellence Scholarships in New Zealand. International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
The aim of the Massey University, Creative Arts International Excellence Scholarship (â€œthe Scholarshipâ€) is to support international undergraduate students to study at the College of Creative Arts Massey University.
Course Level:Â Scholarship is available to pursue bachelor degree program.
Study Subject:Â The Scholarship is tenable in any of the following College of Creative Arts programs:
- Bachelor of Design (Hons);
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Hons);
- Bachelor of Mori Visual Arts;
- Bachelor of Creative Media Production; and
- Bachelor of Commercial Music, (â€œApproved Bachelorâ€™s Programmeâ€)
Scholarship Award:Â The value of the Massey University Creative Arts International Excellence Scholarship shall be NZD $20,000 for a 4-year degree or NZD $15,000 for a 3-year degree. For University Transfer and Pathway programs, the value of the Scholarship is a maximum of NZD$5,000 per year.
Number of Scholarships:Â Not Known
Scholarship can be taken inÂ New Zealand
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Applicants must be either:
- International full fee paying students who have completed at least one full year (i.e. Year 12) at a New Zealand secondary school and earned an NCEA Level 2 Certificate endorsed with Merit or Excellence and Excellence in an at least one Art, Design, Technology or Music subject; International students at high school in another country, who have achieved a level of academic â€˜excellenceâ€™ equivalent to that of the New Zealand education system;
- International full fee paying students who will have completed a Foundation Studies (or Certificate of University Preparation) program, and who have achieved a level of academic â€˜excellenceâ€™ equivalent to that of the New Zealand education system; OR
- International full fee paying students who have studied in an approved University Transfer Programme (â€œUTPâ€), and who have achieved a level of academic â€˜excellenceâ€™ equivalent to that of the New Zealand education system.
- As a guide, the expectation is a student will show high academic aptitude and also show excellence in at least one Art, Design, Music, Creative Media, or Technology subject. Scholarships are strictly awarded on merit.
- Applicants must achieve University Entrance for New Zealand.
- Applicants must meet the required English language requirement for entry into their selected academic program.
- Applicants must have received a Conditional Offer of Place in an Approved Bachelor Programme to be awarded the Scholarship.
- Offers of the Scholarship to NCEA candidates are conditional upon the awardee earning a Merit or Excellence endorsement of their NCEA Level 3 Certificate.
- Applicants who are already enrolled in an equivalent bachelorâ€™s degree program at another New Zealand Tertiary Education Provider at bachelorâ€™s level, and who are seeking Advanced Standing or credit transfer, are ineligible for the Scholarship.
Nationality:Â International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Students must have a Grade Point Average of 5 (a â€˜Bâ€™ average) must be maintained throughout the course of study in order to continue to hold the Massey University Creative Arts International Excellence Scholarship
English Language Requirements: Applicants must meet the required English language requirement for entry into their selected academic program.
Method of Application:
Please save this form and email it to creative.international-at-massey.ac.nz. Â A completed application must be received by 1 October for guaranteed on campus accommodation and by 10 November 2017 for remaining applications (including those not requiring on campus accommodation).
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â November 10, 2017.
For more info, visitÂ Scholarship Link