These scholarships give talented, motivated and broadly interested students from Sub-Saharan Africa the opportunity to study at the Delft University of Technology. The Global Initiative of the university aims to work together with scientists and entrepreneurs in developing countries to make an impact and improve peopleâ€™s lives. We use cutting-edge science and technology to find solutions that will benefit everyone.
TU Delft | Global Initiative offers four Sub-Saharan Africa Excellence Scholarships every year. Our aim is to stimulate excellent students from Sub-Saharan countries and strengthen our relationship with the countries they come from.
Award Provider:Â TU Delft
Offered Annually?Â Yes
Eligible Countries:Â Sub-Saharan Africa:
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Democratic Republic), CÃ´te dâ€™Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Reunion, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South-Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
To be taken at (country):Â TheÂ Netherlands
Course level:Â Masters
- Admitted to one of TU Delftâ€™s MSc programs.
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 80 percent or higher of the scale maximum in your bachelorâ€™s degree.
- A BSc degree from an accredited university in Â one of the above mentioned countries.
Number of Awardees:Â 4 per faculty
Value of Scholarship:Â
- Full fee waiver for a TU Delft MSc programme and living expenses for 2 years.
- Membership to the Scholarship Club giving access to personal development, workshops, seminars, etc.
- A MSc thesis topic which relates to the Sustainable Development Goals and TU Delft | Global Initiative.
- Be our ambassador for Sub-Saharan Africa.
Duration of Scholarship:Â 2 years
Method of Application:Â
- To be considered for these scholarships, yourÂ completeÂ application for an MSc programme must be uploadedÂ before 1 FebruaryÂ 2018.
- In addition to all the regular documents for a MSc programme application, you must also upload anÂ Application Form for a Sub-Saharan Africa Excellence Scholarship, in which you make clear why you are applying for the scholarship.
- Only students meeting this deadline and who have been (conditionally) admitted to one of the MSc programmes of TU Delft will be considered for these scholarships.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 1st February, 2018
Visit Scholarship Webpage for details