The Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries is one of the departments of the South African government. It is responsible for overseeing and supporting South Africaâ€™s agricultural sector, as well as ensuring access to sufficient, safe and nutritious food by the countryâ€™s population.
The Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF) intends to award comprehensive bursaries to qualifying applicants pursuing and/or intending to further their studies in critical scarce skills in the agricultural, forestry and fisheries sectors for the 2018 academic year.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available for pursuing Bachelors, Masters and PhD programme.
Study Subject:Â Scholarships are awarded in the field of agricultural, forestry and fisheries.
Scholarship Award:Â The bursary will cover tuition, accommodation, books, meals and monthly allowance.
Scholarship can be taken in:Â South Africa
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- It is worth noting that certain fields of study are only available at certain institutions of higher learning:
- BSc Bioresource Engineering (Agricultural Engineering): University of KwaZulu-Natal
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science (BVSc): University of Pretoria
- BSc Viticulture and Oenology: University of Stellenbosch
- BSc Forestry and Wood Science: University of Stellenbosch
- BSc Oceanography and Marine Biology: University of Cape Town
- BSc Ichthyology specialising in Aquaculture: Rhodes University
- National Diploma: Forestry: Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- Applicants must be South African citizens.
3. Applicants must complete the relevant bursary application forms available from the website address:Â www.daff.gov.zaÂ (Click the following: Food Security and Agrarian Reform Branch then Sector Education and Training and then Careers).
4. Applicants who apply for fields of study that are not listed above will not be considered.
5. Please note that communication will be limited to successful applicants only. If you have not received any communication from the department by 15 January 2018, after the National Bursary Committee has finalised the selection process, consider your application unsuccessful.
Nationality:Â South African citizens are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous degree.
Method of Application:
All completed bursary application forms together with certified copies of ID and certificates/performance results should be sent by post.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â September 30, 2017.
For more info, visitÂ Scholarship Link