The University of Oxford in collaboration with Pershing Square FoundationÂ is offering international scholarships toÂ support outstanding students on the 1+1 MBA, covering both the Masterâ€™s degree and the MBA year.
Pershing Square Scholars are exceptional individuals who can demonstrate the potential and commitment to finding scalable and sustainable solutions to world-scale social challenges. The scholarship is if you would like to pursue any of the partnering Masterâ€™s degrees and combine it with our MBA. It is also available if you are currently studying one of the Masterâ€™s partnering programmes and wish to apply to the MBA program.
Course Level:Â MBA
Award Provider:Â The Pershing Square Foundation, Oxford University
Offered annually?Â Yes
Eligible Countries:Â All
To be taken at (country):Â UK
Offered Since:Â 2014
Pershing Square Scholarships are awarded to individuals with the following attributes:
- Academic achievement
- Leadership potential, demonstrated through experience and motivation
- Strong personal character, integrity and commitment
- Intention to focus on addressing world-scale social challenges in your career, either in an existing organisation or through development of a new enterprise
- Ability to envision how to achieve scalable and sustainable solutions to these challenges
- Articulated vision on how the Oxford 1+1 MBA will allow you to fulfil your objectives
These attributes should be highlighted in your MBA application, scholarship essay and interview answers.
Number of Awardees:Â 5
Value of Scholarship:Â
- The Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship provides funding for tuition, college fees and a contribution towards living expenses for both years of studies.
- You would also benefit from opportunities for mentorship and networking with inspirational individuals and organisations that are part of the Pershing Square Foundationâ€™s community.
- You become integrated into SaÃ¯d Business Schoolâ€™s community as soon as you begin your Masterâ€™s degree by attending receptions and meetings with our Dean, faculty and other MBA scholars.
- You can access and utilise both your department and Oxford SaÃ¯dâ€™s resources and networks throughout both years.
- You will also be invited to a spring â€˜trekâ€™ to New York City hosted by the Pershing Square Foundation, where you can participate in meetings and workshops with leading innovators and change makers.
Duration of Scholarship:Â 2 years
Method of Application:Â
To be considered for the scholarship you must apply to the 1+1 MBA by 17 March 2017.
In addition to the Master and MBA applications, you must submit an essay of no more than 500 words addressing this questionÂ â€˜How do you intend to change the world? What does this tell us about you as a person?â€™
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview with the selection panel.
Enquiries about the scholarship should be directed toÂ email@example.com
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 17th March, 2018.Â Please note that some partnering Masters courses close their applications in January 2018 and others in March 2018.
For more info, visitÂ Scholarship Link