Chevening Scholarships are funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO), with further contributions from universities and other partners in the UK and overseas, including governmental and private sector bodies.
The Chevening Secretariat is accepting applications for 2018/2019 Chevening Scholarships from 8th August until 7th November 2017 for graduates from developing countries.
Offered annually?Â Yes
Eligible African Countries:Â Developing countries
To be taken at (country): UK Universities
Eligible Fields of Study:Â Chevening Scholarships are awarded across a wide range of fields; including politics, government, business, the media, the environment, civil society, religion, and academia in any UK University
Scholarship Offered Since:Â 1983
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a post-graduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK
- HaveÂ at least two yearsâ€™ work experience
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 13 July 2017
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 13 July 2017
Number of Scholarship:Â 1,500
Value of Scholarship:Â AÂ fullÂ Chevening Scholarship award normally comprises:
- payment of tuition fees;
- travel to and from your country of residence by an approved route for you only;
- an arrival allowance;
- a grant for the cost of preparation of a thesis or dissertation (if required);
- an excess baggage allowance;
- the cost of an entry clearance (visa) application for you only;
- a monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover accommodation and living expenses. The monthly stipend will depend on whether you are studying inside or outside London. It is currently Â£917 per month outside London and Â£1134 per month inside London (subject to annual review).
Duration of Scholarship:Â One year
Method of Application:Â
To apply for a Chevening Scholarship, you must complete and submit an online eChevening application form.
It is important to go through the application instructions on the scholarship webpage before applying.
For more info, visitÂ scholarship Link
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 7thÂ November 2017
Important Notes:Â The process of selecting Chevening Scholars takes aÂ minimum of eight months from the application deadlineÂ to when scholars are conditionally selected for an award.