The University of Newcastle is welcoming students for its Research Masters Scholarship for both domestic and international Students. The scholarships are available for pursuing Research Masters project investigating novel injectable polymer for cardiac regeneration under the supervision of Professor Andrew Boyle and Dr Lucy Murtha.
The aim of the scholarship is to integrate ECM peptides within a biopolymer to provide structural support and a favourable microenvironment for injected stem cells, leading to increased cell retention and survival, restoration of heart function, and ultimately, myocardial regeneration.
Course Level:Â The scholarship is available to pursue research programme.
Study Subject:Â The scholarship is awarded in research masters project investigating novel injectable polymer for cardiac regeneration .
Scholarship Award: A scholarship is available at the Research Training Program stipend rate, which provides a full-time living allowance of $26,682 per annum (2017 rate, tax-free, indexed annually), for a period of up to 3.5 years (equivalent full-time student load).
Number of Scholarships:Â Not Known
Scholarship can be taken inÂ Australia
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applicants must have a degree in health, biomedical or biotechnology sciences (or equivalent) from a reputable Higher Education Organisation.
- English proficiency essential.
- The successful candidates will be expected to commence studies in January 2018. Mid-year applicants will also be considered.
This opportunity is open to domestic and international candidates.
Nationality:Â International and domestic applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a degree in health, biomedical or biotechnology sciences.
English Language Requirement: English proficiency is essential for every applicants.
Method of Application:Â
Applicants can apply via email:
- Interested applicants should send an email expressing their interest, including scanned evidence of their academic transcript, CV.
- These documents should be emailed to stacey.wilks-at-newcastle.edu.au.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â September 30, 2017.
For more info, visitÂ Scholarship Link