These studentships are available for encouraging and motivating research students in the field of Astronomy.
Course Level:Â This position is available for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject:Â The department invites applications in the following research areas:
PhD student that is interested in computer simulations of the core-collapse supernovae central engine. Potential topics include explosion dynamics, neutrino interactions, neutrino transport, and black hole formation.
PhD students interested in investigating star formation from small to galactic scales with high-resolution imaging and IFU spectroscopy. Observational facilities include the Hubble Space Telescope and the Very Large Telescope.
Scholarship can be taken inÂ Sweden
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- In order to meetÂ the general entry requirements, the applicant must have completed a second-cycle degree, completed courses equivalent to at least 240 higher education credits, of which 60 credits must be in the second cycle, or have otherwise acquired equivalent knowledge in Sweden or elsewhere.
- In order to meetÂ the specific entry requirements, the applicant for a studentship at a researcher level in astronomy must have completed 60 credits of non-overlapping courses in physics/astronomy at an advanced level. Of these, at least 30 credits should be in the form of independent work in astronomy, with a passing grade. The specific entry level requirements can also be fulfilled through having equivalent documented competence.
- Only a person who will be or has already been admitted to a third-cycle programme may be appointed to a doctoral studentship. The primary assessment criteria in appointing a doctoral student should be the capacity to benefit from the training.
Nationality:Â Applicants from all around the world can apply for these positions.
Method of Application:
Apply for the position at Stockholm Universityâ€™s recruitment system by clicking the â€œApplyâ€ button. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is complete in accordance with the instructions in the job advertisement and that it is submitted before the deadline.
Please include the following information with your application
- Your contact details and personal data
- Your highest degree
- Your language skills
- Contact details for 2 references.
Important:Â Your academic referees should send us recommendation letters no later than August 15, 2017, via e-mail toÂ email@example.comÂ Â and state in the subject line SU FV-1808-17 + name of the applicant.
and, in addition, please include the following documents
- Cover letter including a statement of interest (no more than 2 pages) describing:
- Which of the advertised projects you are primarily interested in
- Why you are interested in this project
- What makes you suitable for the project in question
- CV â€“ degrees and other completed courses, work experience and a list of degree projects/theses
- Degree certificates and grades confirming that you meet the general and specific entry requirements (no more than 6 files)
- Master thesis, or draft of the thesis, or other independent theses/essays (no more than 3 files).
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â August 15, 2017.
For more info, visitÂ Scholarship Link