The Human Rights Scholarship was established by the University of Melbourne and awarded to students who are undertaking research in the field of human rights.
Award Provider:Â University ofÂ Melbourne, Australia
Offered annually?Â Yes
Eligible Countries:Â All
To be taken at (country):Â University ofÂ Melbourne, Australia
Eligible Field of Study:Â Graduate Research Degree Programme in the area of human rights at the University of Melbourne
Course level:Â Masters/PhD
To be considered for this scholarship, candidateÂ must:
- have applied for and meet the entry requirements for a Master or Doctorate by research degree at the University of Melbourne, or
- be currently enrolled in a research degree at the University of Melbourne and have at least 12 months (full-time equivalent) of candidature remaining,
- intend toÂ undertake graduate research in the human rights field andÂ be committed to the peaceful advancement of respect for human rights that extends beyond academic studies (such as voluntary work and/or work experience);
- have not already completed a research qualification at the same or higher level as the course for which a scholarship is sought, and
- intend to study as a full-time student unless there are compassionate or compelling circumstances that prevent you from undertaking full-time study
- not have previously received a Human Rights Scholarship
Selection Criteria:Â Eligible applicants are selected on the basis of the area of study in and level of commitment to human rights, academic merit and strength of supporting documentation.
Value of Scholarship:Â The following benefits apply:
- Fortnightly living allowance, including limited paid sick, maternity and parenting leave
- Relocation grant for students moving to Melbourne from interstate or from outside Australia
Duration of Scholarship:Â 2 yearsÂ for students undertaking a Master by research degree and up to 3Â years, with a possible six month extension, for students undertaking a Doctorate by research degree.
Method of Application
You must submit anÂ online applicationÂ for a research degree (if you are not currently enrolled in a research course) and the Human Rights Scholarship
For more info, visitÂ Scholarship link
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 31st October 2017
Important Notes:Â Applicants will be notified of the outcome by email in February.Â Reasons for non-selection and feedback on individual applications will not be provided.