The University of Dundee is a public research university based in the city and Royal burgh of Dundee on the east coast of the central Lowlands of Scotland.
The University of Dundee offers a wealth of opportunities for PhD study, from health inequalities and health services research to biomedical research; from legal & regulatory, sustainability, environmental, economic & social responsibility issues to the digital economy, futures & culture, visualization & the application of visual thinking, art, media, and visual studies. We are leaders in research into human variation in relation to identification, surgery and anatomy, and our interdisciplinary work includes digital human research and facial depiction, and forensic engineering.
Level of Study : PhD Programme
Criteria for awarding Scholarships:
- Scholarships will be awarded by the Research Postgraduate Committee
- Scholarships are for PhD degrees only, not for MSc
- Applicants must be of strong academic calibre, and must meet English language requirements
- Applicants must provide evidence they are self-funding; this should be submitted with the application formÂ and supporting documents (references, CV, project proposal), this will be reviewed by the RPC
- Scholarships will run with the academic year (Sept â€“ Aug)
- If other funding is put in place during the studentâ€™s studies the scholarship will be withdrawn
- Scholarships cannot be awarded retrospectively
Method ofÂ Application
Click here to apply
Scholarship Application DeadlineÂ Â : Â 30 September 2017
Scholarship Coverage :
The School of Medicine offers a maximum of ten, 50% reduced fee, Scholarships per year.
This Scholarship isÂ available to self-funded overseas PhD students, on a first come basis, with the criteria set out by the Schoolâ€™sÂ Research Postgraduate Committee. The 50% fee reduction would be on the basic tuition fee, currently Â£15,950 perÂ year. Students should be made aware that there may be other costs related to the running of their PhD project.