3-year PhD Scholarships in Cultural Sciences at Fondazione Collegio San Carlo in Italy, 2017-2018
The Fondazione Collegio San Carlo di Modena is a private institution of education and research that carries out important functions in the cultural sphere, paying particular attention to philosophy, the humanities and social and religious sciences.
Applications are invited for scholarships for a three-year PhD scholarship in Cultural Sciences open to European citizens at the Fondazione Collegio San Carlo for a 2017-2018 academic year.
The School is residential and aims to provide high-level interdisciplinary training in Cultural Sciences Following four research programs (Philosophy, Anthropology, Sociology, Religious Studies) and awards the scientific doctoral degree qualification called â€˜Diploma of Advanced Studies in Science of cultureâ€™.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available to pursue Ph.D. programme.
Study Subject:Â Scholarships are awarded in the field of Cultural Sciences.
Scholarship Award:Â Elected candidates will be Entitled to the Following Benefits: free tuition and exemption from course fees;Â Complete free boarding and lodging in the Foundationâ€™s Hall of Residence (for the period of the didactic activity, except for holiday periods defined by the Fondazione Collegio San Carlo);Â privileged access to the holdings and to the services of the Library of the Fondazione Collegio San Carlo.
During the three years of the PhD program Also they will receive a grant of 7,000 euros per annum.Â The above-Mentioned grant will be paid retrospectively in monthly instalments provided to the student who has complied with the study obligations.
In the second and third year, the enjoyment of the grant is subject to the fulfilment of the conditions stated in articles 9 and 10.
A one-off grant to fund missionsÂ is also disponibility for those students who need to carry out their research abroad.Â All grants are subject to the Italian tax laws (in compliance with the lawn. 398 of November 30, 1989).
The grant cannot be drawn concurrently with other student grants, except for those arranged in order to integrate missions with the research activity abroad.Â Furthermore, the grant cannot be drawn concurrently with research contracts and contracts of higher education apprenticeship.
Number of Scholarships:Â Five places with scholarships are available.
Scholarship can be taken inÂ Italy
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
The selection is open to European citizens below the age of thirty-two who, by the application deadline, hold a degree qualification or an equivalent qualification by the terms of the law in force, in Philosophy, Social and Human Sciences or Religious Studies.
Nationality:Â Citizens of EU countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship:
Austria,Â Belgium,Â Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic ofÂ Cyprus,Â Czech Republic, Denmark,Â Estonia, Finland, France,Â Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg,Â Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal,Â Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must hold a degree qualification or an equivalent qualification by the terms of the law in force, in Philosophy, Social and Human Sciences or Religious Studies.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Method of Application:
Applications for the selection must be addressed toÂ the Fondazione Collegio San Carlo, PO Box Open CPA (1239001), Post Office Modena Centro 41121 Modena, for the attention of theÂ Scientific Director of the of High Culture â€œSciences International Schoolâ€Â by registered letter with advice of receipt.Â The postmark deadline is 29 September 2017.
Applicants, who will be held responsible for any false declaration, must declare:
a) First name, surname, date, and place of birth;
c) Not to have had penal convictions;
d) To be immune from illnesses incompatible with living in a community;
e) Permanent address;
f) To address Which Should all correspondence be sent.
The application is not incompatible with an application for one of the five places for a one-year specialization course offered by the School of Advanced International same culture â€œSciencesâ€ for the academic year 2017/2018.Â In the event of an application being submitted for both competitions, applicants are allowed to attach only one copy of the documents Mentioned in the art.Â 4.
Applicants should enclose the Following documents:
- Curriculum vitae et studiorum;
- A copy of the applicantâ€™s degree certificate specifying (where available) the single marks for each exam, the date and the mark of the final exam.This certification may be Replaced by a simple declaration signed by the applicant specifying the aforesaid information.Â Foreign students are to submit a certificate proving That Their degree is legally the equal of an ItalianÂ Masterâ€™s degreeÂ (second-cycle degree), or forward an undersigned declaration to the same effect;
- A hard copy or an electronic copy of the final degree dissertation;
- A hard copy or an electronic copy of every other scientific title or qualification relevant to the selection procedures;
- the detailed research project, with an essential bibliography, That the applicant, intends to carry out at the School, written in two languages chosen between Italian, French, and Inglese (8,000-10,000 digits, including spaces and bibliography);
- a signed declaration of the applicantâ€™s knowledge of French and Inglese, and of his / her comprehension of Italian (including levels of language proficiency);
- a hard copy of the document â€œInformation on the processing of personal dataâ€ ( â€œAnnex 2â€), signed for acceptance;
- two letters of reference to theÂ Scientific Director of the International School of Advanced Studies â€œculture Scienceâ€œÂ written by academic referees in subjects relevant to the course, expounding the applicantâ€™s scientific profile.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â September 29, 2017.
For more info, visitÂ Scholarship Link