The Algerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation is offering 8 scholarships for South African students to study at universities in Algeria.
The Department of Higher Education and Training is one of the departments of the South African government. It oversees universities and other post-secondary education in South Africa.
The language of instruction is French and one year of language training is included in the scholarship.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available for pursuing bachelorâ€™s programme.
Study Subject:Â Scholarships are awarded in the field of Technical Sciences, Science of matter, Mathematics and computer sciences and French.
Scholarship Award:Â The scholarship covers tuition, accommodation subsidy and a basic living allowance. Successful applicants will be expected to cover the cost of travel to Algeria and any additional living expenses.
Scholarship can be taken inÂ Algeria
- South African citizens in good health with a strong academic record;
- A National Senior Certificate with Bachelorâ€™s pass and a minimum of 60% average (excluding Life Orientation);
- 25 years old or younger;
- Available to students in Algeria from September 2017;
- Must have university entrance on NSC certificate and meet the minimum requirements to gain entry into a similar course at a South African university;
- Intend to return to South Africa at the end of your studies.
Nationality:Â South African citizens are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: The language of instruction is French and one year of language training is included in the scholarship.
Method of Application:
Applicants must submit the following documents via email.
- Completed application form
- Copy of Matric certificate
- Copy of passport
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â July 18, 2017.
For more info, visitÂ Scholarship Link