The Philippine-American Educational Foundation (PAEF) is a non-profit, binational organization responsible for the administration of the prestigious Fulbright Scholarship Program, Hubert H. Humphrey fellowships, and other educational exchange initiatives. Grants are awarded on a competitive basis to Filipino and American students, teachers, scholars and professionals to study, teach, lecture and conduct research in the United States and in the Philippines.
Applications are invited for â€œCHED Fulbright Grant â€œfor pursuing masters or doctoral studies. The grant is available for Filipino applicants to study in the USA.
The objective of a CHED â€“Fulbright grant is to enable qualified higher education faculty and staff.
Course Level: The grant is available to pursue master or doctoral programme.
Study Subject: The grant is awarded in the following fields:
- Agricultural Education
- Architecture, Fine Arts and Related Programs
- Business Management
- Criminal Justice Education
- Health Profession Education
- Information Technology
- Maritime Education
- Social Sciences
- Public Management and Governance
Scholarship Award: The grant will cover the following:
- The grant provides for round-trip international travel, monthly maintenance allowance, tuition and fees, book/supply allowance, and health and accident insurance.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Applicants must meet the following area for the grant:
- Philippine citizenship
- Must meet English proficiency requirement of U.S. universities
- Has college degree with major in field of specialization
- Demonstrate strong academic record
- Must have adequate knowledge that would prepare a scholar for successful study and research in a specific graduate program
- While no medical certification is required at application time, applicants must be in good health to pursue graduate studies in the United States. Selected grantees will be required to pass a medical examination
- Must have at least two years of teaching experience (after college) in the field of specialization or professional experience relevant to the field of study and currently employed by a CHED-recognized higher education institution. Assistantships during college do not count.
- Not older than 42 years of age for applicants for masterâ€™s degree programs; not older than 40 years of age for doctoral degree applicants, and not more than 50 years old for doctoral dissertation grant applicants.
- Applicants for doctoral dissertation research must be enrolled in a doctoral program; must have a dissertation topic approved at least by his/her adviser to be conducted in the U.S
- Has no pending criminal charges, and must not have been convicted for violation of any Philippine Law.
- Is committed to return to and serve the Philippines upon completion of the study and fulfil all the Terms and Conditions of the grant, and comply with the HEIâ€™s return service obligation.
- Once the applicant is accepted in the program, he/she shall enter into a tripartite contract with the sending Philippine institution and CHED for the monitoring of the re-entry action plan.
Nationality: Filipino applicants are eligible for the grant.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have college degree.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must meet the necessary language proficiency requirements of the host institution.
Method of Application:
Applicants can apply by post.
- Printed application form and required documents should be received at the PAEF office.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â June 30, 2017.
For more info,visitÂ Scholarship Link