The Helmut Veith Stipend is dedicated to the memory of an outstanding computer scientist who worked in the fields of logic in computer science, computer-aided verification, software engineering, and computer security. Helmut Veith, who tragically passed away was a strong advocate and mentor for women in computer science.
Helmut Veith Master Stipend is open for all the female applicants from all around the world. These stipends are available to apply for the master degree in the field of computer science.
The aim of the stipend is to encourage the study of female students.
Course Level: Â These stipends are available to pursue the master degree.
Study Subject: These stipends are in the field of computer science.
Scholarship Award: These stipends will cover EUR 6000 annually (paid in instalments), and tuition fees are waived.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in Austria
Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics (Bologna first cycle) or equivalent degree.
- Extensive knowledge and interest in (at least one) of the following areas: -Logic in Computer Science -Formal Methods and Verification -Computer Security -Algorithms and Complexity Theory -Databases and Knowledge Representation -Artificial Intelligence -Software Engineering.
Nationality: Female applicants of all nationalities can apply for these stipends.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have Bachelorâ€™s degree.
English Language Requirement: ApplicantsÂ should have proficiency in English.
Method of Application: Applicants can apply via email.
- Cover Letter, describing the type of funding the student is applying for, and all other aspects the student deems relevant for the application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter, describing the reasons why the student wants to study in the program Logic and Computation, why funding is necessary, and with which groups of the faculty the student would be interested in working with during their masterâ€™s thesis and why.
- Reports on University examinations (transcripts)
- Diplomas and/or Certificates (first degree, bachelor degree, or higher). If the final academic certificate is not yet available at the time of the application deadline, a preliminary certificate (indicating the type of degree and the expected graduation date) signed and stamped by the degree-awarding university must be provided.
- Contact details of two referees (for letters of recommendation)
- English language certificate (TOEFL or similar)
- Copy of passport
- A certified translation needs to be provided for documents that are not in German or English. The application must be submitted electronically to ta.sc-cigol-at-retsam as a single PDF document.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â August 20, 2017.
For more info,visitÂ Scholarship Link